Join us May 17-24, 2020 for a week long journey of relaxation and rejuvenation through knitting and crochet in Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland.
Knitting is an ancient tradition. Most cultures have embraced and developed a unique textile tradition, evident in the colors and patterns of their fiber arts. While there is much to be said about the practicality of creating textiles, what many do not realize is the immense health benefit knitting and crocheting has for the hobbyist.
Whether you’re new to knitting or a seasoned stitcher, you’ll find support and assistance for tackling your current project(s). There is plenty of time to sit, relax, and make progress on whatever project(s) you bring (or start!).
In addition, we offer a few mini-workshops where you can hone a new skill or get a refresher on a technique. Our 2019 workshops were:
- Colorwork Knitting – Stranded and Faux Fair Isle
- Aran Stitches Aren’t That Hard (Cool Cables)
This week-long retreat allows you to relax and re-connect as you enjoy the amazing amenities and breath-taking scenery:
- Awaken all your senses – see glorious green landscapes; hear traditional Irish music that enchants and invigorates; breathe the cool, crisp, clean air; savor delicious fare from sea and land; experience a culture steeped in ancient tradition and mystique
- Revitalize your body – walk the exquisite hotel grounds; find solace and energy in the sauna or steam room; recenter and refocus with unstructured time to just sit and knit
- Rejuvenate your soul – surround yourself with like-minded women, inspiring you to create more beautiful fiber creations; you can be as involved or reclusive as you desire
This retreat will have you making great head-way on those lingering projects. No laundry, cooking, errands, or demands of others to keep you from your knitting!
Are you ready to embark on a relaxing knitting adventure?
Included in your retreat package:
- 7 nights/8 days land travel and accommodations. Your journey begins with your arrival in Shannon, Ireland where we pick you up early Sunday morning. The first six nights we stay at The Dunloe, a luxurious hotel near Killarney, County Kerry. The last night we return to Shannon to stay at the Park Inn Hotel across from the airport in order to accommodate the diversity of flight departures our guests have. Ground transportation to hotel, tours, and group events is provided via luxury coach (bus).
- Full Irish breakfast each morning, along with one group dinner and one special lunch. Other meals will be at your choosing, and we are happy to offer suggestions of fabulous restaurants.
- Day trips to leisurely visit the coastal town on Dingle, the charming village of Kenmare, the historic estate of Muckross House & Gardens, and the quaint town of Killarney. You’ll have the opportunity to visit a lace museum and fiber cooperative, to commune with nature at waterfalls, lakes, and forests, and to savor the sounds and tastes unique to Ireland. See the itinerary here.
- Mini-workshops with Stacy Kenny Mitchell, designer and former knitting and quilting shop owner, and myself, Victoria Christie-Healy.
- Full color soft-bound book to use during and after the retreat. The book includes information you’ll need to begin this transformational journey, with spaces to write and record your experiences. You’ll also find maps and histories of the places we visit, suggestions for shopping and dining venues, and other inspirations.
- Plus a few surprises along the way. It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you now, would it?!
Ready to unplug from your responsibilities and KNIT for a whole week?!
Mindfulness Through Knitting
May 17-24, 2020
$2200 per person double occupancy
$2600 per person single occupancy
Registration will be opening soon! Join our mailing list to be among the first to know.