Join us March 12-15, 2020 for a long weekend of relaxation and rejuvenation through knitting and crochet in Ocean City, Maryland (USA).
Knitting is an ancient tradition. Most cultures have embraced and developed a unique textile tradition, evident in the colors and patterns of their fiber arts. While there is much to be said about the practicality of creating textiles, what many do not realize is the immense health benefit knitting and crocheting has for the hobbyist.
Whether you’re new to knitting or a seasoned stitcher, you’ll find support and assistance for tackling your current project(s). There is plenty of time to sit, relax, and make progress on whatever project(s) you bring (or start!).
In addition, we offer four workshops where you can hone a new skill or get a refresher on a technique. Each workshop is offered twice, giving you the opportunity to take all four or double-up on one or two.
- Steek it! You will learn how to knit a stuffed-bear size cardigan in-the-round, steek the front, attach the button bands and the buttons.
- Victoria’s Favorite Knitting Hacks. Learn secrets and solutions to some common knitting problems.
- Stranded Color Work Made Simple. Learn to knit complex looking stitch patterns with only one color at a time. Plus we explore color theory.
- Design a Hat. Have you ever come across a stitch pattern that would look great on a hat? Stacy will teach you to adapt that pattern into a basic hat.
This retreat will have you making great head-way on those lingering projects. No laundry, cooking, errands, or demands of others to keep you from your knitting!
Are you ready to embark on a relaxing knitting adventure?
Included in your retreat package:
- 3 nights/4 days accommodations. Listen to the calming sound of the seashore from your oceanfront room of the lovely Victorian-themed Dunes Manor Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland. Single and double rooms available.
- Full breakfast each morning, along with one group dinner. Other meals will be at your choosing, and we are happy to offer suggestions of fabulous restaurants.
- Weekend Admission to Wool and Fiber Expo featuring indie dyers, crafters, and other fiber-related vendors.
- Workshops with Stacy Kenny Mitchell, designer and former knitting and quilting shop owner, and myself, Victoria Christie-Healy. Details of workshops can be found here (info coming soon!).
- Find full itinerary here.
- Plus a few surprises along the way. It wouldn’t be a surprise if we told you now, would it?!
Knitting by the Sea
March 12-15, 2020
$650 per person double occupancy
$800 per person single occupancy
$300 per person – no accommodations (workshops, fiber expo, and group dinner included)
Register today – space is limited!